A Post-Doctoral Research Assistant (PDRA) is required to work on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) funded project "POLLIVAL: assessing market and nonmarket
values of pollination services in Ireland" led by Professor Jane Stout in School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College Dublin. The position is available for up to 2 years, with a start date of 1st January 2017.
- PhD in Ecosystem Service Valuation, or relevant Ecology, Geography or
- Environmental Economics subject
- MSc/BSc in Natural or Social Science
Skills and Competencies
- Broad knowledge and interest in biodiversity and ecosystem services, pollination ecology, environmental economics and natural capital approach to nature conservation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with a track record of publishing peer-review journal papers.
- Excellent ability to assemble and critically analyse relevant literature and datasets; excellent data handling skills.
- Excellent organisation and task management skills, ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines; be capable of working on own initiative and have the ability to prioritise tasks and work under time constraints. Enthusiastic, flexible and willing to work outside usual office hours when required. Interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively as part of a team – tolerant, cordial and willing to help others.
- A pro-active approach to work, anticipating and resolving problems in advance and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude, and commitment to the project.
- Experience of pollination services research.
- Experience in managing research budgets and reporting.
- Experience in supervising MSc/BSc project students.
For more infromation about the position and how to apply, please see the official job offer.